|For the shrimp|
|⅓ cup||Cream, fluid, light whipping, 30% fat|
|1 tsp||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|1 lb||Shrimp, Prawn, peeled and deveined, raw|
|1 tbsp||Avocado Oil|
|⅓ cup||Coconut Flour, partially de-oiled|
|For the sauce|
|⅓ cup||Mayonnaise, regular|
|2 tbsp||Sambal Ulek, Sambal Oelek, Hot Chili Paste|
|1 tsp||Sriracha, Hot Chili Paste|
|1 tsp||Sweetener, Swerve|
|7¼ tsp||Spring Onions, Scallions, Green Onions, chopped|
|25.63 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:4.30 oz (calculated)Notes: 3 Black Tiger prawns; sufficient as a starter, a salad topping or a wrap filling
- In a bowl, mix together the mayo, Sambal, Sriracha and Swerve. Adjust the level of spiciness by adding more or less Sriracha. You can use straight erythritol instead of Swerve or of course leave it out entirely. It adds a bit of sweetness.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream and vinegar. You can also use lemon juice instead of apple cider vinegar.
- Add the cleaned shrimp and toss to coat them. We like to use a large variety like Black Tiger prawns.
- In a large pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Dip the shrimp in the coconut flour and fry for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until they are pink.
- Coat the shrimp with the sauce and sprinkle with some sliced scallions.
- Serve, for example as a starter by itself or as a salad topping. You can also use it as a filling for a wrap or fajitas. Or enjoy it with a side of cauliflower rice as a delicious main meal.
- Calorie count245 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 77.1 % 189 kcal 21 g Net Carbs 3.7 % 9 kcal 2.2 g Dietary Fiber 0.8 % 2 kcal 1.1 g Protein 18.4 % 45 kcal 11.3 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™8.1
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 535.9 mg
- Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Total Sugars 1.3 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0.6 g
- Protein 11.3 g
- Calcium 55.7 mg
- Iron 0.5 mg
- Magnesium 24.1 mg
- Potassium 146.9 mg
- Zinc 0.9 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 86.7 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.9 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.9 mg
- Folate 17.7 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg