|1 lb||Pork Loin, Top Loin (Chops), separable lean only, raw|
|1 (ea. 1.34 oz)||Egg, small|
|¾ cup||Parmigiano Reggiano, Parmesan cheese, grated|
|3 servings||Italian Seasoning Spice Mix|
|½ tsp||Pepper, black, ground|
|2 tbsp||Ghee, clarified butter|
|2 tsp||Lemon juice, fresh cold-pressed|
- Serving size: 1 schnitzel (4 oz or 113 g of raw meat)
- It's best to buy pork schnitzel (thin cutlets / escalopes), but if you cannot get them, use a meat mallet / tenderizer or rolling pin to pound pork steaks until they are about 1/4 in or 5 mm thick.
- Whisk up the egg.
- Mix together the grated parmesan, Italian seasoning and pepper to form the "breading". Put in a dish at least as large as your schnitzel. For example, use a casserole. Alternatively cut the schnitzel into smaller pieces.
- Use one hand pull a schnitzel through the egg and lay it in the "breading".
- Using your other hand, cover the cutlet with the breading and set it on a plate. Alternatively, spoon on the breading.
- Continuing to use one hand for the eggs, the other for the breading, coat all the cutlets.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, melt the ghee. Alternatively, use lard or oil suitable for frying.
- Fry the cutlets until the parmesan turns golden brown, about 3 to 5 minutes. Flip and fry for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon to squeeze out on top of the schnitzel.
- Enjoy, for example with a side of vegetables or a salad.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. It's best to reheat the cutlets in the oven. Like this they have a crisper texture than if you microwave them. Alternatively, reheat them in a pan on the stovetop. Add the lemon only after reheating.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count300 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 54.3 % 163 kcal 17.7 g Net Carbs 0.7 % 2 kcal 0.5 g Dietary Fiber 0.3 % 1 kcal 0.4 g Protein 44.7 % 134 kcal 33 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™8.1
- Cholesterol 141.9 mg
- Sodium 294.1 mg
- Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Trans Fat 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Total Sugars 0.1 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 32.7 g
- Calcium 249.4 mg
- Iron 1.4 mg
- Magnesium 42.6 mg
- Potassium 485 mg
- Zinc 2.6 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 153.2 mcg
- Vitamin B12 1 mcg
- Vitamin C 1.2 mg
- Folate 6.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 1.3 mcg