|⅚ cup||Pumpkin Seeds, dried, ground|
|2⅛ cups||Almond Flour, partially de-oiled|
|⅜ cup 4⅜ tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, granulated|
|1 tsp||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|¾ cup 1 tsp||Butter, unsalted|
|2 (ea. 0.60 oz)||Egg yolk, large|
|1 (ea. 0.04 oz)||Vanilla, pod or bean|
|1 tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, powdered|
|21.75 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:0.68 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 cookie, about 1 tablespoon worth of dough
- Temperature: 356 °F
- If you can only get whole pumpkin seeds, grind them with a food processor as finely as you can. 4/5 cup with yield the required 5/6 cup for 32 servings.
- In a bowl, mix the ground pumpkin seeds with the almond flour, granulated xylitol and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, cream the softened butter with the egg yolks.
- Scrape out the vanilla pulp and mix it in.
- Now add the dry ingredients bit by bit, mixing in between.
- Knead the dough to bring it together.
- Form a roll, wrap it in cling film and rest in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut the roll into slices to get portions of about 1 tablespoon of dough. I like to repeatedly cut the roll in half for this.
- Form each portion into a crescent shape.
- Put the cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies are done when the tips start to brown.
- Let cool completely and dust with powdered xylitol.
Preparing the dough
Baking the cookies
- Calorie count92 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 67.4 % 62 kcal 7.1 g Net Carbs 3.3 % 3 kcal 0.7 g Sugar Alcohols 7.6 % 7 kcal 3.2 g Dietary Fiber 2.2 % 2 kcal 1.2 g Protein 19.6 % 18 kcal 4.5 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™3.2
- Cholesterol 23.4 mg
- Sodium 1.4 mg
- Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 5.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Total Sugars 0.5 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 3.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g
- Calcium 4.5 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Magnesium 18.5 mg
- Potassium 43 mg
- Zinc 0.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 41.7 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.1 mg
- Folate 3.5 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg