|1¼ cups||Almond Flour, partially de-oiled|
|2 tsp||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|¼ cup 1 tbsp||Psyllium Husk Powder|
|1 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|2 tsp||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|1 cup||Tap Water|
|3 (ea. 1.16 oz)||Egg white, large|
|18.53 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:3.10 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 bun
- Temperature: 350 °F
- In a bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, psyllium husk powder and salt.
- Bring the water to a boil and pour it into the bowl.
- Mix in the egg whites and the vinegar.
- Beat until well combined. If you are using a hand mixer, this shouldn't take longer than half a minute. Avoid overmixing - aim for a play Doh-like consistency.
- Briefly knead the dough in your hands.
- Divide the dough into the right number of servings.
- Moisten your hands before shaping each portion to the desired shape - for example hamburger or hot dog buns. We went with smaller, thicker breakfast buns that - in the raw form - have a diameter of about 3 in and a thickness of 1 in (7.5 cm diameter, 2.5 cm thick). The baked buns will be about 2 to 2 1/2 times as thick.
- Lay the shaped dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Optionally sprinkle on some seeds, for example sesame, poppy, flax, sunflower or pumpkin. Press the seeds into the dough a bit.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. You can check whether the buns are done by tapping the base. They should sound hollow.
- Let cool and enjoy with your spread of choice, use them for hamburgers or hotdogs, or dunk in your favorite soup.
- Calorie count102 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 22.5 % 23 kcal 2.5 g Net Carbs 8.8 % 9 kcal 2.2 g Dietary Fiber 19.6 % 20 kcal 10 g Protein 49.0 % 50 kcal 12.4 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™2.0
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 422.6 mg
- Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 12.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Total Sugars 1.5 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 12.4 g
- Calcium 2.8 mg
- Iron 0.1 mg
- Magnesium 2.3 mg
- Potassium 190.7 mg
- Zinc 0 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 0 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folate 0.7 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg