|5 (ea. 1.55 oz)||Egg, medium|
|1 pinch||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|2 tbsp 2 tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, powdered|
|2 tbsp 2 tsp||Erythritol, powdered|
|1¼ cups 1 tsp||Almond Milk, unsweetened|
|1 tsp||Vanilla Extract, imitation, no alcohol|
|1⅜ cups 1 tbsp 2 tsp||Almond Flour, partially de-oiled|
|6⅛ tsp||Psyllium Husk Powder|
|8½ tsp||Butter, unsalted|
- Serving size: a bit over 1 cup of fluffy pancake chunks; sufficient as a sweet main meal
- Separate the eggs.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until you get stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg yolks with the xylitol and erythritol until the sweeteners have dissolved, the mix has lightened and thickened. If using an electric whisk, this takes about 2 minutes. It's best to use powdered sweeteners, as they dissolve more easily. If you can only buy granulated, you can use a spice grinder or food processor to blend them into powder. Alternatively, whisk the granulated sweeteners and yolks a bit longer.
- Add the almond milk and vanilla extract and continue to whisk. The volume should multiply. Continue to whisk until the large bubbles turn into smaller, more stable ones. If using an electric whisk, this takes about 2 minutes.
- Combine the almond flour and psyllium husk, then carefully whisk the dry ingredients to the egg yolk mixture.
- Mix until everything is well combined. The volume will decrease, but should stay somewhat fluffy.
- Fold in the beaten egg white, making sure to retain as much air as possible.
- In a large pan over medium-low to medium heat, melt about half the butter.
- Add the batter, cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for about 15 minutes.
- A solid base should have formed. Test that you can lift the pancake with a spatula.
- Quarter the pancake, then flip each quarter individually. Don't worry if it gets a bit messy. You'll be tearing the pancake into pieces in the end, after all.
- Add the remaining butter in a bunch of places and let it melt. Slightly lift the pancake quarters, so that the butter can spread.
- Cover the pan with a lid again and let cook for another 15 minutes.
- Now cut or tear the fluffy pancake into chunks with a spatula.
- Serve warm, for example garnished with some powdered sweetener and berries or apple sauce.
- Calorie count325 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 51.7 % 168 kcal 18.7 g Net Carbs 4.3 % 14 kcal 3.6 g Sugar Alcohols 5.8 % 19 kcal 15 g Dietary Fiber 6.2 % 20 kcal 9.8 g Protein 32.0 % 104 kcal 26 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™6.6
- Cholesterol 226.1 mg
- Sodium 174.9 mg
- Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Total Sugars 2.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 15 g
- Protein 26 g
- Calcium 196.6 mg
- Iron 1.3 mg
- Magnesium 12.6 mg
- Potassium 133.9 mg
- Zinc 0.8 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 192.1 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.5 mcg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folate 27 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg