|⅜ cup 1 tbsp||Butter, unsalted|
|7 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|6¼ tsp||Coconut Oil|
|2 cups 1 tbsp 1 tsp||Almond Flour, partially de-oiled|
|1 tsp||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|½ tsp||Xanthan Gum|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
- Serving size: 1 slice, 1/2 in (1.25 cm) thick if using a 9 by 5 loaf pan
- Temperature: 356 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- Bring the eggs to room temperature. If you store them in the fridge, put them in a bowl with some hot tap water for about 3 minutes.
- Melt the butter partially, for example by microwaving it for half a minute at 600 W. The remaining butter should melt by simply letting it sit at room temperature.
- Stir the coconut oil into the butter butter.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl and whisk them with a hand mixer on high for about 2 minutes. They should foam up nicely.
- Mix in the melted butter and coconut oil.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: almond flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt. Be sure to mix it well, so that especially the xanthan gum is evenly distributed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Scrape the batter into a loaf pan, for example in a 9 in by 5 in (23 cm by 12.5 cm) pan. Optionally grease the pan, for example with the remainder of the coconut oil after measuring it out. We use a silicone form, which does not have to be greased.
- Bake until done, about 40 minutes. You can check this by inserting a toothpick into the center. It should come out clean.
- Remove from the pan and let cool on a rack.
- Slice and enjoy just you like you would normal bread.
- I like to slice the bread and then store half the loaf in the fridge in an airtight container (for up to 7 days). The other half I freeze in slices. You can then easily defrost the whole batch, or toast individual slices to defrost for breakfast or to enjoy with a salad or soup.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count125 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 67.2 % 84 kcal 9.3 g Net Carbs 3.2 % 4 kcal 1 g Dietary Fiber 3.2 % 4 kcal 1.8 g Protein 26.4 % 33 kcal 8.3 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™3.6
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 95.5 mg
- Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Total Sugars 0.8 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 8.3 g
- Calcium 12.3 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Magnesium 2.5 mg
- Potassium 55.5 mg
- Zinc 0.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 68.8 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.2 mcg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folate 9.3 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg