|1 cup 1 tsp||Almond Flour, partially de-oiled|
|10¼ tsp||Coconut Flour, partially de-oiled|
|2 tsp||Xanthan Gum|
|1 tsp||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|1 pinch||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|2 tsp||Apple Cider Vinegar|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|1 tbsp||Tap Water|
|7.14 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:0.90 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 tortilla with a diameter of about 5 in or 12.5 cm
- Add all the dry ingredients to a food processor and pulse until everything is well combined. Especially the xanthan gum needs to be evenly distributed.
- Pour in the vinegar, then the egg and finally the water. Keep the food processor running throughout.
- You should get a sticky dough.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and knead it for a couple of minutes.
- Let it rest for at least 10 minutes.
- If preparing ahead of time: you can keep the dough in the fridge for up to two days.
- Portion out the dough, about 25 g or 1 oz each.
- Roll out between some cling film or two sheets of parchment paper. If you have a tortilla press, use it.
- Tip: After using the tortilla press, I roll out the tortilla even thinner with a rolling pin.
- You should get tortillas with a diameter of about 5 inches or 12.5 cm.
- Heat a pan or griddle over medium heat. You can test the temperature by sprinkling some water on it. The water should run through the pan. If they evaporate right away, the pan is too hot.
- Cook each tortilla for about 10 seconds (!) on one side, then flip it and cook for about half a minute. Flip again, and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Be careful not to overcook the tortillas, else they will not be pliable anymore.
- Keep warm in some foil or a kitchen cloth until serving.
- Enjoy just like you would the original, for example filled with fajitas.
- Calorie count79 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 46.8 % 37 kcal 4 g Net Carbs 7.6 % 6 kcal 1.4 g Dietary Fiber 7.6 % 6 kcal 2.8 g Protein 38.0 % 30 kcal 7.3 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™2.1
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 44.2 mg
- Fat 4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 4.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Total Sugars 1.1 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 7.3 g
- Calcium 4.5 mg
- Iron 0.2 mg
- Magnesium 3.5 mg
- Potassium 88.5 mg
- Zinc 0.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 10 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.1 mcg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folate 3.2 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg