|1 lb||Sausage, Italian pork, raw|
|¼ cup 1½ tsp||Butter, unsalted|
|4 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|2 tbsp||Sour Cream, heavy, 24% fat|
|⅓ cup||Coconut Flour, partially de-oiled|
|¼ tsp||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|¼ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|2 cups||Cheddar, cheese, shredded|
- Serving size: 3 sausage ball puffs; sufficient for a starter, enjoy 2 servings for a main
- Temperature: 390 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, brown the sausage meat (casings removed) and break it down as much as possible.
- Set aside to cool. Use a fork to further break down the sausage pieces.
- Melt the butter and let it cool a bit.
- Whisk together the butter, eggs and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Let sit for a couple of minutes, so that the coconut flour can absorb the moisture and the mix thickens.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar and the broken down, browned sausage meat.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat the oven.
- Take a tablespoon of the mix and form a ball. Then transfer to the baking tray. You should get 3 balls per serving.
- Bake until the tops of the meatballs are slightly brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, optionally garnished with some freshly chopped parsley.
- Enjoy as an appetizer or two servings as a main. A single serving also makes a great topping for a salad or pasta with marinara sauce.
- You can also spread the mix on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Once done, remove from the oven and let cool for at least 5 minutes, then cut into rectangles. This version saves time, but it's harder to get equally sized servings.
- You can store the dish in an airtight container for 5 days in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
Rectangles instead of balls
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count198 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 80.8 % 160 kcal 17.7 g Net Carbs 2.0 % 4 kcal 0.9 g Dietary Fiber 0.5 % 1 kcal 0.3 g Protein 16.7 % 33 kcal 8.1 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™7.2
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 315.7 mg
- Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Trans Fat 0.1 g
- Carbohydrates 1.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Total Sugars 0.3 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 8.1 g
- Calcium 102.4 mg
- Iron 0.6 mg
- Magnesium 10.3 mg
- Potassium 109.1 mg
- Zinc 1.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 88.6 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.5 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.6 mg
- Folate 10.9 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg