|For the dough|
|2 (ea. 0.04 oz)||Vanilla, pod or bean|
|3⅙ cups||Almond Flour, partially de-oiled|
|⅝ cup 3½ tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, granulated|
|1 tsp||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|1 tbsp||Carob Flour, Locust Bean Gum|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|¾ cup 1 tsp||Butter, unsalted|
|2 tbsp||Lower-Carb Raspberry Jam / Jelly / Marmelade (no sugar added)|
|1⅜ tsp||Xylitol, Birch Sugar, powdered|
|25.51 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:1.16 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 stacked cookie with a diameter of about 3 in (7.5 cm) and a height of about 1 in (2.5 cm)
- Temperature: 320 °F
- Whisk the softened butter with the egg.
- Scrape out the vanilla pulp and add it to the mix.
- Mix the almond flour, granulated xylitol, baking powder and carob flour.
- Add to the butter and egg mix and knead with your hands to a dough.
- You will have to knead it a couple of minutes until the dough is not crumbly anymore.
- Wrap in cling film and rest in the fridge for 2 hours. You can also leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Take a portion of the dough and roll it out. Keep the remaining dough in the fridge.
- If the dough breaks while rolling, knead it a bit to slightly warm and soften it. If the dough is too sticky, return it to the fridge or even the freezer for some minutes.
- Cut out stars in three different sizes. You can of course also pick a different shape.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 10 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges begin to brown.
- Warm about 2 tablespoons of your favorite sugar-free jam. I like to use the microwave: 30 seconds at 600 Watts works for me.
- Stroke some jam on the back of a medium-sized cookie and put it on a large cookie. Then do the same with a small one, stacking it on the medium-sized one.
- Do the same with the remaining cookies.
- Dust with some powdered xylitol.
- Let dry for at least an hour, so that the jam dries and glues the stack of cookies together securely.
Preparing the dough
Baking the cookies
Stacking the cookies
- Calorie count133 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 56.4 % 75 kcal 8.4 g Net Carbs 3.8 % 5 kcal 1.3 g Sugar Alcohols 13.5 % 18 kcal 7.4 g Dietary Fiber 3.8 % 5 kcal 2.4 g Protein 22.6 % 30 kcal 7.5 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™4.5
- Cholesterol 25.6 mg
- Sodium 4.3 mg
- Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 11.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Total Sugars 1.2 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 7.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g
- Calcium 5.6 mg
- Iron 0.1 mg
- Magnesium 0.9 mg
- Potassium 31.7 mg
- Zinc 0 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 58.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.3 mg
- Folate 1.6 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg