|1 cup 1 tbsp||Wheat Gluten, Vital Wheat Gluten Flour, Seitan Base|
|⅚ cup ½ tsp||Almonds, ground|
|¼ cup 1⅜ tsp||Sesame Seeds, whole, dried|
|1 tbsp||Psyllium Husk Powder|
|1 tbsp||Cream of Tartar, Weinstein baking powder, gluten-free leavening agent|
|1 tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|⅚ cup ⅝ tsp||Tap Water|
|1 (ea. 1.76 oz)||Egg, large|
|2 tbsp||Olive Oil|
- Serving size: 1 bun, with a diameter of about 9 cm (3 1/2 in) and a thickness of about 4.5 cm (1 3/4 in)
- Temperature: 338 °F (preheated, circulating air)
- In a bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the warm water, egg and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Dampen your hands and form balls using about 95 g or (3.35 oz) of dough each.
- Transfer the balls to a baking tray lined with parchment paper and press them flat. Leave some space between the buns, as they will rise while baking.
- Bake until done, about 30 minutes. You can check whether they are done by knocking on the bottom. It should sound hollow.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes and enjoy!
- Calorie count268 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 52.6 % 141 kcal 15.8 g Net Carbs 5.6 % 15 kcal 3.9 g Dietary Fiber 3.7 % 10 kcal 4.9 g Protein 38.1 % 102 kcal 25.7 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™5.8
- Cholesterol 31.1 mg
- Sodium 408 mg
- Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 8.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Total Sugars 0.6 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 25.7 g
- Calcium 107.2 mg
- Iron 1.7 mg
- Magnesium 60.8 mg
- Potassium 384.5 mg
- Zinc 1.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 13.4 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.1 mcg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folate 16.3 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg