|1¾ cups||Strawberries, raw|
|3 (ea. 1.16 oz)||Egg white, large|
|⅔ cup||Butter, unsalted|
|½ cup||Sugar, white, granulated|
|1 tsp||Pure Vanilla Extract, 35% alcohol by volume|
|½ cup 1⅜ tsp||Yogurt, Cream Yoghurt, plain, 10% fat|
|2 cups||Wheat flour, white, pastry flour|
|2 tsp||Baking Powder, leavening agent, low-sodium|
|½ tsp||Baking Soda, leavening agent|
|1 pinch||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|35.48 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:2.96 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 slice
- Temperature: 356 °F (circulating air)
- Clean and finely dice the strawberries.
- Separate 2 of the 3 eggs. Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks and set them aside for later.
- Cream the softened butter with the sugar.
- Add the egg yolks, mix well, then add the whole egg and mix again.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and yoghurt.
- Mix together the flour, the baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir half of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Then add the remaining dry ingredients and stir just until everything is well combined. Do not overwork the batter.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter as best as you can.
- Line a cake pan with parchment paper or grease it. We used one with a diameter of 28 cm or 11 in.
- Add about half of the batter, then sprinkle on the strawberries.
- Dollop on the remaining batter. Using the back of a spoon, smooth the batter over the strawberries.
- Alternatively, fold the strawberries into the batter before adding it to the pan.
- Bake until done, about 45 minutes.
- You can also make muffins. They should be done after about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Enjoy, optionally with a bit of whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Calorie count217 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Alcohol 0.5 % 1 kcal 0.1 g Fat 48.4 % 105 kcal 11.7 g Net Carbs 43.8 % 95 kcal 24 g Dietary Fiber 0.9 % 2 kcal 1.2 g Protein 6.5 % 14 kcal 3.5 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™9.0
- Alcohol 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 31.5 mg
- Sodium 86.7 mg
- Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Total Sugars 10 g
- Added Sugar 8.3 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 3.5 g
- Calcium 60.7 mg
- Iron 0.5 mg
- Magnesium 9.5 mg
- Potassium 171.5 mg
- Zinc 0.3 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 100.7 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0.2 mcg
- Vitamin C 12.5 mg
- Folate 5.7 mcg
- Folic Acid 3.1 mcg