|½ cup||Coconut Flour, partially de-oiled|
|2 tbsp||Psyllium Husk Powder|
|¼ tsp||Baking Soda, leavening agent|
|½ tsp||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|1 tbsp||Olive Oil|
|1 cup||Tap Water|
|11.64 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:1.94 oz (calculated)Notes: 1 thicker flatbread or 2 thin tortillas
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut flour, psyllium husk powder, baking soda and salt. Mix well, so that the psyllium husk is evenly distributed.
- Add the olive oil and warm water and stir well.
- Now knead the dough with your hands for a minute.
- You should get a moist dough that doesn't stick to your hands. If the dough is too sticky, add a bit more psyllium husk.
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes. The coconut flour and psyllium husk will continue to absorb moisture.
- Cut the dough into portions (about 55 g or 2 oz) and flatten each piece between two layers of cling film or parchment paper. You can use a tortilla press or a rolling pin for this. If you want to make wraps, use half the amount and roll them out thin. For flatbreads or naan, leave them a bit thicker.
- Cook the rolled out dough in a non-stock pan over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook for another minute.
- Cover the finished flatbreads with foil while cooking the other flatbreads.
- You can store the flatbreads in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days. Optionally rewarm them in the pan, microwave or oven, or use them at room temperature as a wrap. You can also freeze them for up to a month. Be sure to put a piece of parchment paper between each bread, so that they don't stick together.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count87 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 83.9 % 73 kcal 8.3 g Net Carbs 3.4 % 3 kcal 0.7 g Dietary Fiber 9.2 % 8 kcal 4.3 g Protein 3.4 % 3 kcal 0.7 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™4.2
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 252.9 mg
- Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Total Sugars 0.7 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 0.7 g
- Calcium 3.7 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Magnesium 8.8 mg
- Potassium 50.7 mg
- Zinc 0.2 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 0 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 0.1 mg
- Folate 0.8 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg