|⅛ tsp||Olive Oil|
|¾ tsp||Onions, white or yellow, raw, chopped|
|¼ cup ⅝ tsp||Tomatoes, red, canned, in tomato juice, no salt added|
|0.25 (ea. 0.11 oz)||Garlic, raw|
|0.13 pinch||Salt, Kosher salt, table salt|
|0.13 pinch||Pepper, black, ground|
|2.36 oz||altogether (view nutrition facts)|
- Serving size:2.36 oz (calculated)Notes: sufficient for a plate of pasta
- In a pot over medium heat, saute the chopped onion until it is translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, cover with a lid and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and blend with an immersion blender or a food processor.
- Continue to simmer, at least 20 minutes. The taste is even better if you let it simmer for a couple of hours.
- Season to taste.
- You can easily store this sauce in an airtight container for 5 days, or freeze it for up to 6 months. For best results, thaw overnight. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
Meal Prep Tip
- Calorie count17 kcal
- % of calories by macros
Fat 35.3 % 6 kcal 0.7 g Net Carbs 41.2 % 7 kcal 2 g Dietary Fiber 11.8 % 2 kcal 1.3 g Protein 11.8 % 2 kcal 0.6 g
- Approx. WW SmartPoints™0.2
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 24.9 mg
- Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Trans Fat 0 g
- Carbohydrates 3.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Total Sugars 1.7 g
- Added Sugar 0 g
- Sugar alcohols 0 g
- Protein 0.6 g
- Calcium 22.8 mg
- Iron 0.4 mg
- Magnesium 6.8 mg
- Potassium 127.2 mg
- Zinc 0.1 mg
- Vitamin A (Retinol Equivalents) 13.9 mcg
- Vitamin B12 0 mcg
- Vitamin C 8.4 mg
- Folate 5.5 mcg
- Folic Acid 0 mcg